1. Themes & Variations for the Naked Eye – Caitlin Horsmon (2007; 11:01)
A curious character evokes sensuality through touch, taking the audience through excavations of a series of bodies exploring the plastic potential of different subjectiles via confrontation with flesh and pulp.
2. >>Re-considering The new Industrial Parks near Irvine, California by Lewis Baltz, 1974 << – Mario Pfeifer (2009; 12:56)
The film revisits one of the industrial structures Lewis Baltz documented in his historic "New Topographics" from the outside and depicts the interior setting of a metal workshop with an eleven minute tracking shot.
3. Pancakes for Dad – Stacie Sells (2009; 3:31)
An "Milk in the batter! Milk in the batter! We make cakes and nothing is the matter!" Maurice Sendak
4. Two Men – Ian Olds (2005; 16:20)
A nameless protagonist, with a gun in his hand and a stranger in his car, sets out to prove to himself and his friends that he is not a coward.
5. The Sinking Ship – Shawn Downey & Brian Hearn (2002; 7:00)
Based on a story by Robert Louis Stevenson, this period animation tells the tale of a nutty ship's captain who ignores the warnings from his crew that the vessel is in distress. Lost in philosophical reveries, the captain decides to light a cigar. What will happen?
6. photo-synthesis – Lisa Danker (2005; 3:40)
With plants and flowers as its subjects, this film is a formal exploration in 16mm film.Shot on Kodachrome and 7363 high-contrast positive film, the footage was distressed with bleach and other materials, which resulted in nuanced colors and patterns that were then optically step-printed.
7. Fledgling – Tony Gault & Elizabeth Henry (2009; 7:15)
When our neighbor, Kevin, "rescues" a baby crow one stormy night, he begins to question his relationship to the natural world. "Fledgling" is a short documentary that explores notions of domestication, both in humans and wild animals.
8. Chemical – Sean McHenry (2009; 9:26)
A semi-silent short film on standard 16mm film using a Krasnogorsk K-3 and a Bolex H-16 camera. The idea for the film itself originated with the image of a jilted woman with a misplaced trust and a story to tell that will never be told.
9. Aftermath on Meadowlark Lane – Zellner Bros. (2007; 10:00)
While on their way to a mariachi recital, a devastating car crash forces a mother and her two sons to confront the truth about their past.